Last Minute Lodges (LML) is committed to safely storing and protecting your personal information and privacy.
Lastminutelodges.co.za is maintained and run by Reed Park Trading, trading as Southern Routes Travel and Tours. Southern Routes maintains and runs several online travel portals.
We will keep this page as up to date as possible. This policy is effective from 01 October 2018.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT & WHY
When you make an enquiry with LML via our website, on the telephone, or in person, we collect information from you including full name, email address, telephone number and details about the holiday you wish to go on. We need this information to process a quotation and/or booking for you. We will not subscribe you to our email newsletters unless you specifically opt-in. During the enquiry process your name may be shared with suppliers in order to hold rooms.
When you request a brochure via our website we ask for personal information such as your name, e-mail address and country of residence. By doing this, you allow us to provide you with the most relevant brochure. You will only be subscribed to our email newsletters if you specifically opt-in. We will not share this data with any third parties.
When you sign up to receive our email newsletter via our website we ask for personal information such as your name, e-mail address and country of residence. By doing this, you allow us to provide you with the most relevant email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from our email newsletters at any time using the unsubscribe link or by contacting LML directly. We will not share this data with any third parties.
When you book with LML you will need to complete an online booking form. These forms collect information on you, and any others travelling on your booking, including, but not limited to:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Passport number
- Insurance policy
- Physical information
- Emergency contact details
- Any medical information and/or dietary requirements (which may disclose your religious beliefs)
We do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers. We may need to disclose some of your information ( this does not apply to credit card/ banking or any financial information ) to our partners including hotels, lodges and ground handlers. We only pass on information that is required in order to fulfil the booking and make sure your safar/ hotel booking/ tour or transferi runs smoothly.
COOKIES & GOOGLE ANALYTICS/ MS BING ANALYTICS
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. In order to offer a quality service for customers and a better user experience on our website, LML collects certain information about visitors to its website using cookies. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
We also use Google Analytics to measure and collect website session information, length of visits to certain pages, repeat visits and page interaction information. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognising you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser here.
We collect telephone information including phone numbers and call duration that we use for training and quality control.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SAFE
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring the information we collect from you is secure. All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server. We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal and local server information from the Internet.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
All information is kept securely and can only be accessed by the employees of LML.
LML will not keep data for longer than is necessary. Our data is regularly reviewed and removed when it is no longer relevant for the purpose it was collected, as explained in this Privacy Notice. We will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner. For bookings, we will hold your data for 7 years after collection in order to comply with SARS rules. Where no booking is made, data will be removed no more than 2 years after collection.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you want to change the consents you have given, you can do this at any time by contacting us directly at either of the following:
- By Email to: travel AT lastminutelodges.co.za
- By post to: Southern Routes Travel and Tours, P.O Box 1273, Hyper By The Sea, 4053, KZN, South Africa
- By Phone on: +27 (0)31 572 4042
We will endeavour to update your record as soon as we possibly can. Of course, if you tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing, you may still receive transactional and service-based communications confirming and servicing any bookings you make with us.
Terms and Conditions
- 1.1 Reed Park t/a “Southern Routes” means Reed Park t/a Southern Routes Reg No: 2015/072247/07;
- 1.2 “Client” means the person who contracts directly with Reed Park t/a Southern Routes for the provision of Reed Park t/a Southern Routes Services, who is identified as the addressee of Reed Park t/a Southern Routes pro forma invoice;
- 1.2 “Traveller” means the person who utilises or obtains any benefit from the Principal’s Services, who may or may not also be the Client;
- 1.3 Reed Park t/a “Southern Routes Services” shall mean the sourcing, arrangement and procurement of any travel and / or accommodation services or packages and any other type of service, package and / or product incidental thereto, for the Client but for the use, consumption or benefit of the Traveller. The aforesaid shall include but not be limited to the provision by Reed Park t/a Southern Routes of certain complimentary and discretionary services such as the rendering of advice, provision of information, the booking of reservations, the application for travel contracts and the obtaining of insurance;
- 1.4 “Principal” means the provider of travel and / or accommodation services or packages and any other types of services, packages and / or products incidental thereto, for the use, consumption or benefit of the Traveller;
- 1.5 “Principal Services” means the provision of travel and / or accommodation services or packages and any other type of services, packages and / or products incidental thereto, by the Principal for the use, consumption or benefit of the Traveller.
Status of Compassline & Disclaimer
- 2.1 The Client contracts Reed Park t/a Southern Routes for the provision of the Reed Park t/a Southern Routes’ Services. Unless agreed to the contrary in writing, the fees payable to Reed Park t/a Southern Routes for the Reed Park t/a Southern Routes’ Services will be paid by rebates on the charges for the Principal’s Services credited to by the Principal.
- 2.2 Reed Park t/a Southern Routes will in the performance of the Reed Park t/a Southern Routes services render an invoice to the Client for the Principal’s Services, which shall be payable to Reed Park t/a Southern Routes exclusively as the Principal’s receipting agent.
- 2.3 Reed Park t/a Southern Routes in providing the Reed Park t/a Southern Routes Services to the Client will put the Client in the position where the Client or the Client’s nominee contracts directly with the Principal. Reed Park t/a Southern Routes is an independent contractor acting as an intermediary between the Client and the Principal and shall not under any circumstances to be construed as the agent or representative of the Principal in any regard except for the purposes of receipting.
- 2.4 Reed Park t/a Southern Routes, its employees and agents accept no liability for any losses, damages, injury, illness, death, loss of or damage to property, delay, inconvenience or poor or non-performance innocently, negligently or intentionally caused to the Client and / or the Traveller as a result of any act or omission by or on behalf of the Principal, whether in relation to travel, accommodation or arising out of any cause whatsoever.
- 2.5 The Principal and the Client or its nominee shall contract directly on the Principal’s usual terms of trade, which shall constitute the agreement between the Principal and Client or its nominee. No agreement shall exist between Reed Park t/a Southern Routes and the Client or its nominee for the provision of the Principal Services.
- 2.6 Reed Park t/a Southern Routes shall provide the Client with the identity and usual terms of trade (or access thereto) of all the Principals relevant to the Principal Service being procured. It shall be the responsibility of the Client and/or its nominee to familiarise itself with such terms.
- 2.7 Reed Park t/a Southern Routes shall not be bound by any promises, undertakings, warranties, representations advices, recommendations, opinions or the like (whether express, implied, tacit by conduct or otherwise) made by or on behalf of the Principal. Reed Park t/a Southern Routes, its employees and agents are excluded from liability for claims
- (i) which exceed R8,000-00 per claimant, per invoice,
- (ii) which are brought to the attention of Southern Routes in excess of 60 days following the termination of the Principal Services or
- (iii) which constitute indirect and/or consequential losses or damages.
- 2.8 The Client, on its own behalf and on behalf of its nominee, waives and abandons all claims in respect of liability which Reed Park t/a Southern Routes has excluded in terms of this agreement.
- 2.9 No failure, refusal or neglect of Reed Park t/a Southern Routes to exercise any rights hereunder or to insist upon strict compliance with or performance of the Client’s obligations under this agreement, or any other indulgence allowed or shown by Reed Park t/a Southern Routes to the Client, shall constitute a waiver Reed park t/a Southern Routes's rights at any time to insist on strict compliance, or operate as or create an estoppel against Reed Park t/a Southern Routes.
- 2.10 No variation or alteration of these terms and conditions shall be binding on Reed Park t/a Southern Routes unless reduced to writing and duly signed by a duly authorised member of Compassline Africa Tours (parent company).
- 2.11 This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and no warranties, promises, representations, undertakings or the like shall be of any force and effect save insofar as same are repeated and recorded herein or in a separate written Contract by Reed Park t/a Southern Routes.
- 2.12 Reed Park t/a Southern Routes shall not be liable in any way for any circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots, which may cause delays, interruptions or alterations to the Principal Services or render them impossible of being performed.
- 3. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this agreement or otherwise, it shall be the exclusive obligation and responsibility of the Traveller, and not Reed Park t/a Southern Routes, to:
- 3.1 Ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time, and will be valid for six months after return to home country and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactic (e.g. malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Reed Park t/a Southern Routes will endeavour to assist the Client in this regard but such assistance will be at Reed Park t/a Southern Routes's discretion and in doing so, Reed Park t/a Southern Routes is not assuming any obligation or liability, and the Client indemnifies Reed park t/a Southern Routes against any consequences of non-compliance.
- 3.2 familiarise herself with the inherent dangers of and mental and/or physical conditions required for the proposed travel arrangements and to be in a condition to undertake them.
- 3.3 faithfully, diligently and timeously to comply with all laws, conventions, rules, regulations and the like having any reference or regard to the Principal Services.
Law & Jurisdiction
- 4.1 The law of South Africa law will govern this agreement.
- 4.2 The Client consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court of the Republic of South Africa.
- 4.3 The Client shall pay Reed Park t/a Southern Routes's legal costs on the attorney and own client scale, collection charges and tracing fees in connection with any legal proceedings arising hereout.
- 5 All reservations are made on the condition that a non-refundable deposit as called for in Reed Park t/a Southern Routes's invoice is paid to Southern Routes within 60 Days of the date scheduled for the Principal Services, with the exception of the full day tours, in which case the deposit is payable within 24 hours of presentation of invoice.
- 6.1 Full pre-payment must be made to Reed Park t/a Southern Routes for the Principal’s Services to be rendered. Payment must reflect in Reed Park t/a Southern Routes’s bank account at least 30 days prior to the date scheduled for the Principal’s Services. Where reservations are made within 30 days of the date scheduled for the Principal Services, payment must be made within 24 hours of presentation of invoice. The Principal’s Services will only be procured on full payment being made to Reed Park t/a Southern Routes. If full payment is not made timeously all reservations shall be cancelled.
- 6.2 All vouchers, tickets and the like required for the enjoyment of the Principal’s Services by the Traveller will be released to the Client on receipt of full payment. Reed Park t/a Southern Routes guarantees the price of land based arrangements, once full payment is received, except where any subsequent increase is beyond the control of Reed Park t/a Southern Routes as stated in these terms. Airfares are subject to the price and conditions quoted by the airlines at the time of payment and cannot be guaranteed by Reed Park t/a Southern Routes.
- 6.3 All Services are subject to increases by the respective Principals, to exchange rate fluctuations and to any taxes imposed within the Republic of South Africa or by any foreign authority governing any respective foreign destination. This may apply even where such services have been paid for in full before any increase, rate changes or legislation becomes effective if they apply retrospectively. The Client will remain responsible for all disbursements already made, or committed to be undertaken, on its behalf by Reed Park t/a Southern Routes.
- 6.4 In the event of there being any increase, new levy or charge or fluctuation with the South African Rand against any foreign currencies which arises at any stage in respect of the Services, same shall be for the account of the Client.
- 6.5 The terms of payment and the Client’s liability for payment will apply irrespective of whether or not the Principal Services are used by the Traveller.
- 6.6 All amounts payable shall be effected in South African Rands, without deduction, set-off or demand. Payments shall not be withheld or deferred on account of any claim or counter-claim which the Client or Traveller may have.
Cancellation Charges – Individual and Independent travellers (FIT's), Groups and Tours
- The usual cancellation terms of Principals in respect of FIT’S are that a 100% cancellation fee is charged if cancellation is effected within 30 days prior to the date scheduled for the Principal Services. Certain Principals might not adopt those terms and the Client will in any event be bound by their cancellation terms.
- All Special deals that are booked and paid (deposit and/or full payment) for, will carry 100% cancellation fee and all Cancellations that are made 60 days before departure will incur a 25% as a cancellation and if made 30 days before departure will incur a 100% cancellation fee of total price paid.